Customer Pandemic Notice
On May 1, 2020, the Governor of Massachusetts issued COVID-19 Order Number 31, an Order Requiring Face Coverings in Public Places Where Social Distancing Is Not Possible. To comply with this Executive Order we will have to take the following steps effective when we open for business tomorrow, May 6, 2020. This is the date set forth by the governor for compliance with the Executive Order. Management of the bank has reviewed the Executive Order and has made the following determinations which will need to be adhered to as of May 6.
Pursuant to the order: “All persons are required to wear masks or cloth face coverings at all times when inside grocery stores, pharmacies, and other retail stores.” For purposes of this memo, banks are included as “other retail stores.”
What should you expect when visiting the bank?
- The Dracut office continues to offer drive thru service only.
- Drive thru lanes have directional signage to assist with traffic flow.
- Safe deposit box access is available with a prior appointment and the time for those visits is limited to ten minutes. Customers will be required to wear a mask or cloth face covering for the duration of their visit.
- The lobby in Lowell is open for banking services. All customers entering the Lowell lobby will be required to wear a cloth face covering or mask for the duration of their visit.
- All vendors and delivery people will be required to wear a mask or face covering.
- You should expect to see the branch staff wearing masks when they are attending to your transactions.
- With both staff and customers wearing masks, communication may be somewhat challenging, and you may be asked to repeat yourself.
- We are continuing to work with staggered, rotating scheduling to keep our staff healthy, so you should expect longer than normal wait times for in-branch service and for telephone answering.
- If you get voicemail when you call a staff member, please leave a message and we will return your call.
We encourage everyone to practice social distancing, good hand hygiene and mask usage. If you have a cough, fever or other flu-like or respiratory symptoms, please delay your visit to the bank. If your matter is urgent and you are ill, please contact customer service by phone and every effort will be made to assist you. Pursuant to the order “If a customer refuses to wear a mask or cloth face covering for non-medical reasons, a business may decline entry to the individual.”
If you have any specific questions or require assistance, please contact customer service at 978-458-7999 or by email [email protected]. Thank you for your attention. Please continue to follow the direction of the authorities and stay safe!
James B. Hogan
President & CEO